Data warehouses are repositories of enterprise data built principally to facilitate reporting. You should consider a
data warehouse if you want to:
- Do reporting or data mining without slowing down operational systems.
- Secure reporting data differently than transactional systems.
- Clean or massage data before reporting against it.
- Simplify report creation by providing logical data views or pre-processed analyses
- Report across multiple applications, or across combined data from old and new systems.
- Have a central data hub which applications can use to exchange reference and historical information
D. Lawton Associates have helped several customers cost-effectively design, implement, maintain and use data
warehouses, and we can help you. We have experience with Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) Processes, and with several
approaches to implementing person-by-person row-by-row security over data. We have experience with a variety of
reporting tools commonly used in data warehouses. Call us to schedule an initial appointment - free of charge - to
discuss your requirements.